Always post the rules. Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones. Tag 11 people and link them. Let them know they are tagged.
1. What’s your desert island food? You can only take one meal and you don’t know how long you’ll be stranded there.
Tuna fish sandwiches, I guess. At least, every time I eat one, I’m like, “I’ll never get sick of these!”
2. What is the most meaningful compliment you’ve ever received?
I thought of a few things people have said, but to post them would come off as bragging, I think, especially because while they’re very nice I don’t think they’re 100% true. What I will say is that the greatest compliment I receive on the reg is the ear and companionship of anyone who chooses to make themself available to me. Those who merely listen to me compliment me, and it really means the world TO ME.
3. You have the day booked off for some quality ‘me’ time all to yourself - what do you do?
I become anxious.
4. What makes you feel like summer has officially arrived?
I don’t want to go outside until autumn.
5. What is your favourite family/ friend tradition?
My mom’s side started doing this thing where we get a beach house for a week on St. George Island every four years, and this year will only be our second time out, but the first was just so incredibly wonderful you have no idea.
6. Do you have a nickname? What is it and where’d it come from?
I actually have a few (Bad Erik, Sleazy E, or just Sleaze), but my older sister started calling me Ewok not long after Jedi came out, and it was in part because that’s easier to pronounce, for very young tongues, than “Erik,” but I admit I always liked it.
7. What do you sing in the shower?
8. What’s your ideal view out your bedroom window?
9. Top three songs on your wake-up playlist
I don’t really do the whole “wake-up playlist” thing, but if I have to pick just three right now:
Robyn, "Call Your Girlfriend"
10. What is something you’ve always wanted to try doing?
11. What’s the last thing that made you laugh so hard your cheeks hurt?
Rick and Morty
12. Why did you join Tumblr?
I had so much going on in my professional life and something to fill every minute.
13. Do you have any superstitions?
Not really. I’m maybe the least magical thinking person I know. (Which is maybe a little strange considering how much I dig witch stuff, the occult, and like reading tarot cards.)
14. What’s your favourite colour?
15. Where have you always wanted to travel?
16. When people ask you for book recommendations, what do you say?
Usually whatever I’m currently reading. For instance, if you want to get the story of the Broadway smash musical Les Miserables but with hundreds of pages of supplemental historical or bullshit philosophical digressions, oh boy, do I have the book for you!
17. What was your favourite subject in junior high?
Science, I guess. I should’ve been a scientist.
18. You want a glass of water: sparkling or still?
What I want is sparkling. What I’ll take is whatever’s free.
19. If you could own any kind of vehicle, what would it be?
I miss having a car sometimes.
20. Preferred midnight snack?
I don’t really snack. Ice cream maybe? I’m so boring. Move along.
21. Who is the most powerful person in the world right now?
Whoever can get under your skin.
22. Reincarnation is real: what would you come back as?
Some kind of whale, ideally.
23. Which word do you misspell most often?
There are a few words that I can never type correctly the first time. Can’t remember right now.
24. Which bad habit will you defend yourself for doing?
25. Which song have you listened to the most on whatever device you listen to your music on?
Geinoh Yamashirogumi, "Tetsuo"
26. Name a TV show, any show, for no reason.
27. What’s your favorite childhood movie that you’ll watch if you catch it on on TV on a Saturday afternoon?
28. What’s your favorite dad joke/bad pun?
All of them. Every blessed one.
29. What are your trigger words that you haven’t seen trigger other people?
30. What’s your favorite kind of dog… wait for it… to have lunch with?
31. Who is your favorite Bond actor who’s not Pierce Brosnan?
32. Are you from Jupiter or Mars?
33. Yeah buddy?
Fine, thank you.
34. Which parent are you more like, and why, and are you OK with that?
35. In what ways has being a better person backfired on you?
36. Do you believe in “free will”? Why or why not?
37. Describe something you’ve seen or felt recently that you’d qualify as “sublime.”
38. Have you ever felt the need to make someone you really didn’t like like you? What’s up with that?
39. What is your worst fear?
40. What is your first memory?
41. If I were to purchase a pizza, and you could choose half of the toppings, what would you choose, and why, then, would you still take a piece from my side?
42. Am I basic? How could I tell?
43. How is drinking after someone any different from using their lip balm?
44. Is it a good day to die? Why or why not?